Multi-Channel Commercial Finance Analyst
up to £45k
I am recruiting for an experienced Commercial Finance Analyst to join a renowned Restaurant Group. This role has fantastic development opportunities and offers great commercial exposure.
The main purpose of this role is to provide relevant and timely business insight to the company's key strategic initiatives to support delivery of key budget and business plan goals. Front foot analysis to be provided in areas driving growth - Out of Restaurant, new businesses, promotional activity (brand and tactical) and investment in sites. Analysis to be focused on telling a data driven story of the what and why in a simple visual manner to help drive better actionable decision making.Scope of the Role:
Working closely with the FD and Finance Manager this position is a key business partner to Marketing, Digital, Operations/Business Development and Estate teams at management and Board level and where appropriate Group Finance and non- Finance.Key Accountabilities:
Experience, Skills & behaviours:
- Generate rolling Sales, Covers, SPH projections and key drivers trackers to highlight commercial risks and opportunities including budget/forecasting guidance.
- Responsible for compiling insightful analysis on strategic initiatives so that weekly Trading and periodic Board Pack are highlighting observations and hypothesis of latest trends.
- Development of reporting that provides insight and analysis into the performance of multichannel including generating P&L's of different business models.
- Evaluating how promotions influence performance in total and by channel (discount levels and impacts on gross margin) and making recommendations to enhance performance. Sharing early insight mid-week on promotional performance as well as any notable trends.
- Key stakeholder in the development of financial systems, tools and processes to support the management accounts function and reporting to the wider business. Work closely with rest of Finance team to ensure appropriate reporting is set up for any new initiatives including any accounting processes to be created.
- Provide as required analysis of site refurbishment programme
- Support the development of analysis in the team for new menus, pricing and menu mix.
- Supporting Finance Manager and team as required including cover on any aspect of Finance including period end. Analysis developed should be set up in a user friendly manner with one source of the truth for other team member to support/cover.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to tell a story in a simple visual manner
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven business partnering experience and able to communicate to all levels and a strong team player
- Self-starter, happy to work on own initiative and drive the agenda
- Able to work to tight deadlines and prioritise accordingly
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic with continuous improvement mindset
- Ideally degree educated and CIMA qualified
- Previous experience within FP&A and/or commercial analysis essential
- Advanced Excel capabilities, financial modelling and data interrogation