Experienced Global Events ManagerHoveSalary £35,000- £40,000 Plus Commission / BonusMain Purpose of Role
You will act as a project manager for a global portfolio of events.
In this role your primary focus will be placed on the planning and execution of physical, virtual and hybrid event experiences through engagement with a variety of stakeholders. You will have oversight for logistics management inclusive of onsite support, meeting space, communications, off-site events, tours and recreational activities and ground transportation.
You will collaborate with internal clients to establish the event requirements and specific needs to deliver event objectives. You will develop and manage budget, including reconciliation of all post program invoices, and analysis to report to relevant stakeholders.
You will have the ability to manage multiple programs simultaneously varying in both size and complexity. You should be experienced at leading project teams comprised of internal and external resources.
You will make venue or location recommendations, help to define communication plans, and develop event materials. You will drive the research, selection, and negotiation of contracts. Manage relationshipsQualifications
- Expertise in international conference/meeting planning and strong management and networking skills
- Expertise in negotiating, budgeting, and large conference project management
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in an ambiguous and fluid environment
- Ability to build relationships and trust with events' stakeholders and senior management team
- Developing key relationships with global suppliers and vendors
- Strong industry knowledge of domestic and international locations, venues, and hotels
- Exceptional organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills with absolute attention to detail
- Technical experience: mastery of MS Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint); Zoom, WebEx and/or other virtual platforms; Cvent; general comfort with using technology and mobile applications
- Able to travel up to 40 days per year for conferences and meetings based on needs, and be away from home for 10-15 days at a time