Overview of Citi:
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.Role Overview:
Serves as a Compliance Analyst for Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM) responsible for establishing internal strategies, policies, procedures, processes, and programs to prevent violations of law, rule, or regulation and design and deliver a risk management framework that maintains risk levels within the firm's risk appetite and protect the franchise. In addition, engages with the ICRM product and function coverage teams, in order to partner to develop and apply CRM program solutions that meet business and customer needs in a manner consistent with the Citi program framework.
The ICRM regulatory registrations team supports Citibank Europe Plc (CEP) in fulfilling its regulatory obligations under the Central Bank of Ireland's Fitness & Probity programme. This analyst role will join a small team of highly motivated individuals responsible for maintaining the register of all CEP's licensed individuals.
Activities include daily and weekly processes and reconciliations, preparation of management information and board reporting, contributing to regulatory training content, project management of a number of initiatives including annual attestations and trainings.
The role offers the ability to develop regulatory expertise in the area of Individual Accountability - a cornerstone of Citi's banking regulation.Responsibilities:
Qualifications & Skills:
- Supporting the design, development, delivery and maintenance of best-in-class Compliance, programs, policies and practices for ICRM.
- Reviewing various materials to ensure compliance with various regulatory and legal requirements.
- Identifying potential risks and escalating for further review, as required.
- Creating and maintaining reports for control, tracking, and analysis purposes and ensures appropriate and secure retention of documents.
- Working with more senior staff in investigating and responding to raised compliance risk management issues and preparing routine correspondence.
- Interacting and working with other areas within ICRM, as necessary.
- Coordinating and tracking policy, training, and other compliance risk management initiatives.
- Assisting in the preparation, editing and maintenance of Compliance program related materials.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Knowledge of Compliance laws, rules, regulations, risks and typologies.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, PowerPoint).
- Advanced MS excel a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization.
- Strong project management skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Highly organised, accurate and delivers quality product that requires minimal rework.
What we Offer:
- Bachelor's degree; experience in compliance, legal or other control-related function in the financial services firm, regulatory organization, or legal/consulting firm, or a combination thereof; Advanced degree a plus
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
- 23 days paid annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme,
- Life assurance and
- Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our Select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi's commitment to growing a diverse workforce.
-------------------------------------------------Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control
Compliance Risk Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the "EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting