Our client, based in Northamptonshire,
is currently recruiting for a People Services Advisor on a permanent contract. The company offers a social responsibility and the opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of underprivileged children.
The position is due to start immediately on a part time basis. The salary is £31,000-£32,000 based on experience for this position.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years' experience in the sector, however this requirement can be flexible.Duties will include (but not limited to):
- Advising Managers throughout the trust on best practice, employment law and people related policies, including managing ER casework
- Guiding managers and employees through investigation, disciplinary and grievance procedures, checking and reviewing that the necessary actions have been taken, and that the relevant paperwork has been completed and logged
- Providing support to managers through the people processes, including assisting with interviews, advising panels and ensuring both internal & external applicant vetting in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education Guidance
- Managing the Trust's People management processes including data accuracy and compliance tasks (working alongside People Associate Advisors and People Operations Manager)
- Updating logs with all enquiries received/advice given/issues raised to the directorate and chasing them for closure
- Maintaining, reviewing and updating the directorate policies, procedures, manuals, and training documentation in line with statutory legislation and best people practices
- Undertaking occasional travel to other Trust sites, ensuring high levels of visibility & people manager engagement
- Monitoring, coaching, guiding and supporting teams and individuals setting examples of desired behaviours
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate
Skills, knowledge and expertise required:
- A CIPD qualification or a relevant experience of working within the CIPD framework for people management
- Minimum of two years HR experience ideally within an education environment
- Strong people project management and policy development experience
- Possess sound knowledge of HR policies and codes of practice and demonstrable skills applicable for a Human Resources Advisor / Officer role
- Experience dealing with small scale restructures
- Solid understanding of the public sector
Rewards and Benefits
- Good communicative skills
- Ability to challenge and motivate others to attain high goals
- Able to prioritise tasks independently
- Proactive in providing innovative solutions and evaluating alternatives.
- Generous pension scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Hybrid working - 3 days per week working from home.
Please note that you require recent experience to apply for this role.
- 22-25 hours per week
- Monday - Friday, flexible hours available 8am-6pm
James Andrews is acting as an employment agency and business in relation to this role.
At James Andrews Recruitment Solutions we try to respond to all applications personally, however, due to the high volume of applications this is not always possible. If you have not heard back from us within 72 hours, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Don't forget our recommendation scheme:
Recommend a friend or colleague to us and receive up to £100 each once they have completed 20 days in a role via James Andrews!*
*Terms and conditions apply, contact us for details