The Head of Turing is an exciting new role that will provide the overall leadership and project management of the ACU's contribution to the successful delivery of the UK Government's flagship outward mobility Turing - led by Capita and supported by the ACU and other partners.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a leading global mobility scheme supporting UK students from schools, colleges and universities to access international study and work opportunities, delivering transformative opportunities for individuals and communities across the UK.
This is a critical role, and the post holder needs outstanding project and stakeholder management skills and will have experience of working at pace to deliver multi-partner projects. The Head of Turing will be results-focused and innovative and will be accountable for ensuring ACU meets quality standards for deliverables on time and within budget, tracking and reporting on performance metrics as set out in the teaming agreement with Capita.
The Head of Turing will work with Capita's Turing delivery team and ACU's senior team and shared services and will lead the dedicated ACU Turing team to maximise success and impact and ensure delivery of the programme's policy objectives including widening participation. The Head will also be responsible for financial management.
The Head of Turing will report to the COO and provide regular updates for the Senior Executive and Leadership team and to Capita as laid down in the teaming agreement. The Head of Turing will also support the ACU's advocacy of the Turing scheme within the UK education sectors, representing the organisation externally and engaging with stakeholders to promote the scheme.About the ACU:
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world - and crucially the people who study and work within them - we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.As Head of Turing, your responsibilities will include:
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- To lead and co-ordinate contract management with Capita with the COO. This involves Advert template developing a map of KPIs, deliverables and timelines for the ACU components of the Turing contracts ensuring that these are updated and kept live.
- To lead and co-ordinate ACU services for Turing including the Assessment Hub, Assessors' recruitment, the ACU Turing team and communications. To work with shared services teams on deliverables.
- To lead and co-ordinate service delivery as agreed in the Capita contract and ensure compliance against agreed outputs. This requires an understanding of the Turing Scheme and its key performance metrics.
- To act as the internal and external champion for Turing, representing the organisation externally and working with Capita, ACU colleagues, stakeholders and partners to optimise advocacy and communications with the HE, FE/VET and School sectors to encourage engagement with the Turing scheme and high-quality applications, from all four UK nations, particularly from institutions that support widening participation in international opportunities.
- Strong track record of managing and building the capacity of International Educational projects
- Experience and demonstrable understanding of Higher Education and/ or Schools/FE/VET in the UK.
- Experience of leading, empowering, and motivating teams to promote a high-performance culture
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Head of Turing, you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.Closing date: 10th December 2021
Interview date: TBC, we will be interviewing on a rolling basis and applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.