The Assessment Hub Manager is an exciting new post that will play a key operational role in the ACU's contribution to the successful delivery of the UK Government's flagship outward mobility scheme Turing- led by Capita and supported by the ACU and other partners.
This is a rare opportunity to contribute to a leading global mobility scheme supporting students from schools, colleges and universities to access international study and work opportunities, delivering transformative opportunities for individuals and communities across the UK.
This post will oversee the establishment of the Assessment Hub that will be responsible for the evaluation and assessment of all Turing projects across the three sectors - HE, FE and schools. They will also be responsible for developing with Capita and the DfE, the core evaluation criteria and quality assurance framework drawing on best practise from the existing Turing scheme. The Assessment Hub Manager will be responsible for the development of the appeals process for evaluations and its implementation.
The Manager will be responsible for a team of 17 assessors, four senior assessors and 13 assessors. Assessors will operate in sector teams of 5 (one senior assessor and four sector assessors). They will also manage the senior assessor for Skills which is a cross cutting theme and the assessor for widening participation. The Manager will be responsible for the management of the Assessment team including induction, professional development of assessors.
The Manager will be responsible for the KPIs and operational delivery of the Assessment Hub ensuring it meets core standards, agreed timelines and deliverables. This includes regular reporting to the ACU, Capita and DfE and adherence to performance metrics.About the ACU:
The ACU is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
We believe that international collaboration is central to this ambition. By bringing universities together from around the world - and crucially the people who study and work within them - we help to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
We champion higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting our members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.As Assessment Hub Manager, your responsibilities will include
Some of the skills you need to be able to demonstrate include:
- Establish the processes and principles governing the operation of the Assessment Hub drawing on best practise from the existing Turing scheme and ACUs scholarship scheme.
- Working with Capita and the DfE confirm and implements the evaluation criteria for Turing mobility projects by sector (HE, FE, Schools) taking into account the widening participation and social impact agenda
- Lead and oversee the assessment team ensuring that KPIs and timelines are met
- Proven ability and track record of managing business and administrative teams effectively
- Experience of developing and implementing strategies to improve service delivery, in a clientfacing role
- Ability to balance competing priorities under pressure of deadlines without compromising the quality-of-service delivery
- Experience of Higher Education or FE and/or Schools.
Our benefits include 31 days holiday per year (including 4 Christmas closure days) plus bank holidays, competitive pension scheme (10% employer contribution plus 5% employee contribution), season ticket loan and excellent support for learning and development through a range of educational and networking activities.
At the ACU, we welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of gender, race, religion, marital status, disability, age, and sexual orientation.
As Assessment Hub Manager you will be employed by ACU Trading Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary.Closing date: 10th December 2021
Interview date: TBC, we will be interviewing on a rolling basis and applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.For further information and details of how to apply please visit our website.