- PROJECT MANAGER
- Remote working
- Inside IR35
- £550 per day
- Contract is initially up to 31/08/2022
Our global FinTech client are recruiting for an experienced Project Manager to assist them on a business critical Brexit related project.
Within the organisation, the Risk and Platforms organization encompasses the front-line risk, core platforms, and entity management and oversight teams. Within Risk and Platforms, the Global Entity Management and Oversight team serves as the consolidated second line of defense for the company, oversees international legal entities, and is responsible for the development and maintenance of a governance infrastructure to meet business priorities and regulatory expectations in all the jurisdictions in which our client does business.
The Risk and Platforms Project Management Officer (PMO) reports into the leadership of the GEM&O team and is responsible for initiatives supporting risk, compliance, and regulatory strategies and obligations.
This includes a global portfolio of initiatives targeted at managing our clients response to regulatory obligations and regulatory change in the jurisdictions in which it operates. Initiatives will typically span multiple teams and geographic locations within the [APAC/EMEA/Americas] region with primary focus on effective and on-time implementation of regulatory requirements and ensuring compliance with regulatory obligations and commitments.Duties and Responsibilities:
• Drives the coordinated management of the organisations Brexit project over a finite period to ensure compliance with regulatory obligations and commitments.
• Ensures the timely delivery of business requirements and the efficient use of resources.
• Creates and maintains relationships with business and technology stakeholders to facilitate timely and accurate delivery, and identification of risks, issues and dependencies.
• Project execution:
o Manages project-level decomposition of work across multiple stakeholders and teams, working across organizational boundaries to define interdependencies and plans.
o Develops detailed project plans, including setting targets for milestones, and adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needed.
o Leads planning sessions, monitors and tracks progress, and conducts regular reviews at the project level, to demonstrate strong oversight. Manages changes using appropriate governance techniques.
o Identifies and tracks risks, issues, and dependencies, seeking support where needed to resolve roadblocks and enable successful execution, leveraging lessons learned from prior experience.
o Ensures projects meet or exceed performance targets, documenting the accurate status of the project or external projects that have dependencies. Ensures successful completion of program exit criteria.
o Communicates and collaborates with stakeholders, to provide reporting, communications, and presentations on progress against project outcomes, and communicates timely and accurate status to appropriate levels and stakeholders.
o Seeks support for decisions where needed when presented with multiple options for how to progress with a project.
o Gains an understanding of new and changing regulation and the regulatory landscape within the region to effectively support discussions/decisions around prioritization and delivery challenges.
o Accepts responsibility for deliverables and timeline commitments. Expected Behaviors:
• Quickly builds trust and fosters relationships with stakeholders, and partners.
• Ensures adherence to plans and expectations, holds teams and individuals accountable for milestones and deliverables, and escalates to leadership when needed.
• Ensures appropriate stakeholders are identified and engaged and that plans adequately address the requirements, including accurately depicting the activities and timing related to processes, people, systems, and external events.
• Follows established change management processes and ensures appropriate documentation is maintained to evidence completion.
• Operates with integrity and the ability to handle projects of a sensitive and confidential nature.Skills Qualifications:
• Theoretical and practical knowledge of project management processes, workflows, and terminology, including understanding of the Project Management Institute (PMI) framework.
• Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, achieve goals, and work under pressure in a dynamic and complex environment.
• Ability to work across multiple lines of business managing large scale, complex project initiatives and various project elements simultaneously, with high attention to detail and accuracy, meeting deadlines.
• Ability to operate in ambiguous environments and navigate from current state to proposed solutions.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Knowledge of Clarizen is beneficial.
• Minimum 5+ years of experience in project management.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required.
• Risks and compliance or regulatory experience beneficial but not required.