Join us as a Project Manager with EDF Energy
Partly remote - Bristol or London location on a 12-month contract
Mechanical / Electrical / HVAC / Nuclear
In Scope of IR35
At Capita, we support clients across a range of sectors, including local Government, central Government, education, transport, health, life and pensions, insurance and other private sector organisations. We support with expertise applied by the talent across our business in combination with technology, insight and analytics to keep our clients ahead of change, sharper than competitors and more efficient than ever - and we always need new talent to help us achieve our goals.
About EDF Energy
We want to bring affordable, low-carbon energy to everyone and to do that requires both sharp minds and smart ideas to help shape the UK's energy future. With the development of a new nuclear power station on the horizon, our goal is to become the best and most trusted energy supplier for our customers, through a combination of trust, transparency and teamwork.
The role holder will be one of the SZC project representative of this joint team. The position will be located with the MEH team in Bridgwater/HPC site and will be embedded in the HPC MEH team but will report through to a Programme Director within the SZC Project Delivery Organisation. Until an MEH focused delivery Director is brought into the SZC team, this team will report to the CI & BOP Programme Director.
The role holder will have to develop strong links with the SZC Programmes (NI and CI/BOP) and their MDT(s), in order to prepare SZC erection.
The role holder will:
· Take the lead role in ensuring the provision of:
o HPC lessons learnt (OPEX) paper on MEH scope (WS1)
o Drive development of Delivery organisation for engineering (WS1)
o Develop interface register between programmes, defining technical Defining Technical and Construction Interfaces between MEH scope and other SZC programmes (WS1)
o Develop interface register between MEH and Equipment, defining Technical and Construction Interfaces between MEH scope and Equipment, Strategic or Other Suppliers (WS1)
o Develop list of opportunities & sequencing improvements to reduce works durations in order to demonstrate J0-COD 72 month target (WS3)l
o Develop proposals for off-site modularisation to improve efficiency and cost improvements that contributes to affordability targets (WS3)
o Develop proposals for a shared fabrication & assembly facility on or local to the Worksite to improve efficiency and cost in support of affordability targets as per deliverable 3.1.3 (WS3)
o Input into the refinement of the delivery model for MEH within NI & CI-BOP programmes as per deliverable 3.1.4 (WS3)
o Develop a schedule interface risks & opportunities register as per deliverable 3.3.2 (WS3)
o Develop a register of further construction optimisations to de-risk the programme - deliverable 3.3.3 (WS3)
o Create a list of opportunities to be implemented and those not taken forward in support of deliverable 3.4.3 (WS3)
· Support other team members by contributing to the following deliverables:
o Definition of completion for the agreed MEH scope (WS1)
o Definition of handover strategy between detail and execution designers (WS1)
o Development of Alliance Agreement, as required by Workstream Lead (WS2)
o Definition of MEH Site Ops Key End User Requirements (WS3)
o Warehouse footprint (WS3)
o Logistics strategy for MEH Alliance sub-contractors (WS3)
· Provide support to MEH Alliance Pre-FID Workstream leaders as required.
· Ensure that team members behave in a manner which prioritises MEH Alliance alignment, fostering a "one team" mentality and ensuring no silo working
· Lead and foster a positive Nuclear Safety Culture.
The role will be a senior member of the MEH Alliance Pre-FID team and the role holder operates as the liaison between the MEH Alliance team, SZC Client Organisation, Programme Teams, Proposed Implementation Partners, other SZC Partners including Civil Works Alliance, and Equipment Partners.
The role holder is expected to represent the MEH Alliance Pre-FID position in discussions with Proposed Implementation Partners and HPC MEH Programme, driving prioritisation support to MEH Alliance in terms of the provision of resources, expertise and best practice.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
· A positive 'can do' mentality
· Leads by example, sets the right behaviours, demonstrates a "best for project" ethos
· Experience of coordinating multi-disciplinary design/procurement work and driving design/procurement teams to deliver on time.
· Demonstrable successful Project management or project engineering experience.
· Background in mechanical, electrical, process, systems or civil engineering for large industrial plants.
· Good understanding of the complexity of major projects, including interface management between scope areas.
· Experience of the pre-tender and tender stages of procuring contracts for the design, manufacturing and/or installation of industrial equipment.
· Excellent communication skills in client-facing and contractor-facing situations.
· Strong proven ability to build relationships across project teams
· Track record in complex projects in the nuclear or similar regulated sector, including leading EPC projects
· An effective leader who sets the tone for the MEH Alliance Pre-FID team to follow, ensuring that silo mentality is avoided and that individuals identify as part of the MEH Alliance team
· Previous engineering or project management experience in the nuclear industry.
· Chartered Engineer qualification.
· Formal project management qualification.
· Direct experience of procuring equipment or installation contracts for nuclear power stations.
· Experienced in working in a Joint Venture or Alliance environment.
· Degree in relevant discipline (or equivalent).
· Relevant professional Accreditation (PM, Construction, Engineering)
· Can achieve security clearance (BPSS or higher)