Hybrid working - Shoreditch office location
Do you want to be part of a business where you can make a difference? We are a fast growing business with an international presence and scope and we're looking for someone to be part of that continuing growth.
We are looking for an experienced and ambitious Financial Controller with a hands on approach to join our London team. This position reports directly to the Finance Director, covering every area of finance, and will be supporting the FD in expanding the Finance team and streamlining reporting.
You will be responsible for all areas of the financial function, preparing monthly consolidated board reporting, overseeing regional accounting resource and quarterly VAT reporting. You will also support a number of ad-hoc projects across the business where finance support is required.The finer details:
Qualifications & Experience:
- Carry out full preparation on month end management accounts including: Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations; Preparation of month end deferred income calculations Review of subsidiary accounts, including review of intercompany reconciliations; Preparation of monthly consolidation
- Prepare monthly revenue analysis
- Oversee processing on bi-monthly payment runs
- Oversee quarterly VAT reporting including quarterly Mini-One-Stop-Shop reporting and VAT reporting in the MENA region.
- Provide payroll support to the HR Manager as necessary, including review of monthly payroll and pension output.
- Oversee annual audit reporting including preparation of consolidated Financial Statements
- Oversee preparation of annual R&D tax claim
- Assisting the FD in preparation of annual budgets and forecasts
- Review of monthly overheads in comparison to budget understanding variance to budget.
- Working with our User group to support the finance side of our content creation programmes, reviewing and streamlining payment processes and reporting.
- Other ad-hoc reporting and projects
- Qualified Accountant with
- Minimum 1-2 years experience as a Financial Controller in a start up /scale up environment
Google Sheets, Excel, Xero, Pleo, ReceiptbankSkills & Competencies:
- Hands on pragmatic approach to your work, prepared to roll their sleeves up and help out at all levels of the finance processing
- Strong organisation skills are a must
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
- Proven ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to balance out numerous tasks at any one time
- Ability to travel, a requirement is to visit our Newcastle office with the possibility of travel to our Amman office in Jordan, as we expand our operations
- Understanding the Arabic language and culture would be advantageous but isn't critical
- Perkbox subscription
- 25 days holiday with increases for long term service
- Working days off between Christmas and New Year
- Flexible working - minimum 2 days (M & W) in the office and flexible start and finish times
- Cycle to work scheme
- Pension scheme
- Regular team lunches
- Team get togethers
The World's Online Festival (or WOLF for short) is dedicated to bringing the magic of real-world festivals to the online world - uniting people across the globe in discovery, entertainment and belonging.
We bring together a lively and interactive community of producers, show hosts, radio presenters, singers, poets, comedians, musicians, DJs, and fans. We have stunning stages across thousands of different groups hosting live and interactive audio shows and festival events, as well as after-show gatherings and socialising. Entertainment is how we stand out, built on a foundation of friendship, community, and supporting emerging talent.
Festivals are a place where everyone can be their true self and it's no different here at the World's Online Festival. At WOLF, everyone is appreciated equally for being themselves. It's even built into our Brand Values! We're creating a work environment that is truly representative of our diverse society, where every colleague feels respected and is able to give their best when at work. And when we have happy employees, we can then deliver the best experience to our users.