3 month finance analyst to review finance business cases for accreditation based on financial viability Your new role
Finance Analyst - Investment Risks for Entry to Qualification Market
West Midlands - Remote working available
3 Month assignment but potential extension to 6 months
£350 -£415 p/day Umbrella company
You will be responsible for applying specialist financial management, accounting and analytical skills to review applications from organisations seeking to operate a new qualification in the education sector. This includes making judgements and recommendations about the financial viability of organisations, to inform operational decision making.
You are acting like an financial approver to the organisation who wish to deliver the new qualification and make sure their business plan is sound and they are financially viable to deliver the qualification to the market.
- Financial and commercial review of organisation business plans and proposals to make recommendations for decisions to being accredited by this organisation.
- Review business plans and proposals - Research additional information - Synthesise different sources to form a judgement about financial viability and articulate recommendations - Provide verbal and written explanation of findings - Involvement in direct feedback to stakeholders and external organisations
- Apply specialist knowledge of company financing, commercial arrangements and economic implications, combined with judgement and problem-solving skills, to provide a financial perspective on operational regulatory questions
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide expert analysis and advice to the organisation on financial issues, in ways that are relevant and accessible to non-experts, to inform decision making and planned regulatory activities
What you need to do now
- Qualified Accountant - CIMA, ACCA, ICAEW - but will also consider part qualified or QBE, or Banking
Experience of management accountancy / Financial Planning and Analysis / Investment Accounting
- Perhaps some commercial finance / private sector experience to complement
- Experience of appraising finance business cases for financial viability
- Driving the delivery of business and corporate plans for your own areas of responsibility.
- Managing individuals or teams through line management and/or matrix management arrangements as required, ensuring under performance is managed and adequate resourcing is planned to meet objectives.
- Initiating continuous improvement in your own areas of responsibility.
- Taking a proactive approach to risk management, ensuring any risks and issues identified are addressed and reported and, where appropriate, escalated.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.