Responsibilities will include:
* To own and manage the assigned projects, leading the project team, allocating and monitoring tasks, motivating staff and appraising individual performance.
* To take responsibility for the definition, documentation and successful completion of the project. Ensuring that internal and external stakeholder requirements are captured to develop the service design. Directing and coaching project team members, and advising users as necessary on all phases.
* To identify direct resources needed to deliver the programme/projects, secure budget and recruit appropriate resources
* To identify dependence on wider IT resource (UX, Architects, Developers etc) and work with Senior Project Manager to secure these, ensuring recharge arrangements are in place.
* To work in an agile manner, when appropriate, (standups, show and tells etc) with multi-disciplinary teams (product owner, business solutions lead etc). Provide a smooth transition into the BAU environment.
* Prepare and maintain realistic project, quality, communication and risk plans for projects and sub-projects.
* To monitor progress against the plans, maintaining effective financial and project progress forecasting, and reporting as appropriate.
* Follow the IT project lifecycle processes, producing appropriate documentation and sharing lessons learnt.
* Champion and advocate continuous improvement.
* Coach, mentor and develop colleagues to help build expertise.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance