Infrastructure Engineer urgently required! I am looking to speak to an Infrastrcture Engineer for a long standing client of mine as they are expanding their IT function due to the exponential growth they have gone through the past year.
They're a very established Security and Technology company that prides themselves on their ability to mobilise and utilise the latest technology to advance themselves and their customers.
The successful applicant for the Infrastructure Engineer position will be responsible for the design and evolution of ongoing Systems, IT infrastructure as well as customer installations.
* Design and maintenance of internal and customer IT infrastructure that accommodates components isolated to varying degrees, combining secure networks with sensitive Internet facing networks whilst ensuring any links appropriately balance security and business efficiency.
* Providing reliable, secure and configuration controlled internal IT systems, utilizing current technologies.
* Remaining aware of the current security threat landscape and proactively implementing additional controls as required.
* Providing Network Defense via Next-Gen Firewall Appliances (Physical & Virtual)
* Complying with all security, risk management, configuration and process documentation for each component of MOD infrastructure and Missions Systems IT in accordance with standards including HMG IA and ISO 27001.
* Ensuring timely updates and patching of infrastructure subject to business requirements and perceived risks.
* Maintaining business Data and Operational integrity using Backup, Redundancy and High Availability
* Ensuring the availability of data to users and the system by managing SAN, NAS and local host storage systems. Providing multi-Terabyte data sets in using Microsoft, Linux and VMware.
* 3rd Line infrastructure support and project delivery experience (2 years minimum)
* Virtualisation Technologies (VMWare, Hyper-V)
* Powershell Scripting
* Windows Server 2012R2 + Administration
* Active Directory Administration with Azure AD integration
* Cisco Switching and Routing
* Veeam Backup and Replication
* HP/Dell Server Hardware
* Data Storage Technologies (SAN/NAS)
* Network and Information Security Protocols (IPSEC/SSL/Kerboros)
* Iaas, PaaS Services (Azure)
* 30 days paid holiday plus 8 days Bank Holidays per year.
* Uncapped Leave Scheme (upon successful completion of probation period).
* Private medical and dental insurance.
* Profit and Performance Related Pay scheme.
* Company contributions into a Group Personal Pension Scheme.
* Business travel insurance.
* Funded role specific training and financial assistance with Professional Development