The role sits within the Strategic Finance and Insight team, which has responsibility for delivering all aspects of the medium term financial strategy and setting the annual £1bn revenue and circa £300m capital budgets. To do this successfully requires proactive advice and guidance to all levels of management and Members to influence decision making. You will work closely with colleagues across the Finance function, as well as peers in other professional support services. With major transformation programmes and the implementation of the "Everyone's Essex" plan for the Council, the role will be working in a fast paced environment, supporting significant positive change.
Alongside this the team has ownership of the Council's funding position, including Council Tax and Business Rates. This requires building and maintaining strong working relationships with our local government partners in Essex to ensure all achieve the best possible outcomes.
• Happy to consider public and private sector backgrounds, with a focus on transferable skills and competencies
• Great training pathways. Encouragement to all staff for their continual professional development
• Flexible working - work on an outcomes basis offering a fantastic work / life balance
• 37 hour working week
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Full CCAB / CIMA qualification with minimum of 2 years post qualification experience and evidence of continuing professional development.
• Experience in application of financial management and financial frameworks in a large organisation, preferably public sector, through a full financial cycle.
• Essential evidence of providing financial advice to inform complex decision making.
• Evidence of direct influence in improving financial systems and processes.
• Experience of evaluating and supporting innovative and effective means of financing the long term delivery of large scale services.
• Demonstrate significant experience of working with and influencing members and / or executives, as well as, multi-disciplinary teams to achieve service outcomes.
• Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Extensive experience of strong leadership skills and ability to demonstrate credibility, promoting good financial management practice within the business.
If this sounds like you, please contact me ASAP on the details below for this amazing opportunity