The Smart Working+ Programme Manager will be at the forefront to deliver modern workplace solutions and manage some of the most complex challenges associated Council-wide, helping the organisation to adopt new ways of working to achieve transformational outcomes.
The Smart Working+ Programme comprises of multiple workstreams covering the M365 Technical Configuration & Governance, S4 (Scan, Scrap, Store, Stop), CCT (Communication, Collaboration & Telephony), Business Change and Adoption.
Reporting to the Digital Portfolio Director, this role will act as the lead for reimagining and changing how the Council works as an organisation and deliver significant transformation and change across the organisation.
This role will be at the forefront of managing the processes for determining the scope and scale of work, triaging and prioritisation within the programme; building and nurturing key relationships across Directorates and other stakeholders, whilst working closely with the internal operational teams and 3rd party suppliers to ensure a collaborate approach to delivering the change initiative.
The candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the delivery of the strategic projects that underpins the programme within the agreed scope, budget and timeline and in achieving the defined benefits.
- Defining the strategic, operational and financial benefits of various projects within the programme.
- Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects to ensure a successful programme outcome.
- Defining the "how and when" of a programme; as well as balancing the competing needs of multiple projects across the programme.
- Working with Service Areas to understand their pain points so that the programme can be correctly informed to deliver appropriate solutions.
- Building collaborate relationships with key stakeholders to ensure that the programme is delivered successfully and the agreed benefits/outcomes are achieved.
- Managing the programme's budget on behalf of the SRO, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the programme progresses.
- Identifying, monitoring and escalating programme risks and issues to ensure effective mitigations and resolutions.
- Providing regular progress update to the programme board to facilitate key decision making processes.
- Liaising with Project Managers in organisation and running scoping and discovery workshops.
If you are interested in this role please send your updated CV in the first instance.