Wade Macdonald is currently recruiting for a Tax Analyst on a 12 month Fixed term contract for a rapidly growing global pharmaceutical company. Due to a recent merger, we are looking for an energetic and responsible Tax Analyst to be an integral part of the Tax and Finance team.
This position will help oversee the U.K and EU local compliance process and reporting requirements as my client integrates into its new parent company, you will ensure compliance with respect to the company's global transfer pricing policies. The role is remote.RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Help oversee the company's UK and EU tax compliance obligations to ensure timely and accurate filings. Coordinate with external tax preparers and respond to information requests.
- Assist in the preparation of the company's annual U.K. RDEC claim.
- Assist with the monitoring and reconciliation of intercompany accounting to ensure proper legal entity results and global transfer pricing compliance.
- Assist with quarterly and year-end income tax provision matters under ASC 740 and annual IFRS calculations and disclosures, and ensure Internal Controls are being followed as documented.
- Oversee the timely reconciliation of tax accounts for UK and EU entity data.
- Utilise tax research skills and materials to develop technical arguments to support filing positions, defend audit questions, and manage risks.
- Support the Associate Tax Director on any other duties assigned.
- You will have experience in a corporate Tax department or equivalent experience with a major accounting firm.
- Qualified Accountant preferred OR CTA qualified
- Background and detailed knowledge of UK, EU, and non-EU VAT in both a compliance and advisory capacity.
- Experience in transfer pricing is beneficial
- Excellent analytic, quantitative and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organisational and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- A positive, optimistic, action-oriented individual with a 'can do' and team player mentality
- Ability to challenge the business to create best practices and better ways of working
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Tax Compliance and Research Software, and Windows based software.
Salary £50,000 - £65,000 (12 month FTC)
Location UK Based - remote working
Applications are encouraged from all candidates meeting or exceeding the minimum criteria for the role regardless of age, disability, gender, orientation, race, religion or ethnicity.