Meraki Talent are delighted to be supporting a leading UK Accountancy firm with the delivery of a new Corporate Tax Senior Manager into the business. This position can be based in either the Edinburgh or Glasgow offices of the firm or a blended mix between the 2 locations.
Our client is one of the UK's leading Accountancy firms with several offices across the UK. They have evolved significantly over the past decade to become one of the most modern and cutting-edge firms in today's market with a significant market share and presence across Scotland. This success is attributed to its exceptionally talented workforce, strategic planning, and adoption of new technologies & methodologies to now be labelled a trend setter within the sector.
The Corporate Tax Senior Manager will manage and grow a highly commercial portfolio of clients covering several sectors. The role of Corporate Tax Senior Manager will encompass you a point of contact within the firm, an individual who strives to make a difference. You will possess the ability to inspire other individuals within the team to challenge the norm and make a measurable impact on clients and their peers.
This opportunity will also include Tax compliance and advisory services to a wide range of clients, with a particular focus on excellent client service. In addition to the above the below outlines a few other key duties.
- Corporate Tax compliance
- Advisory and accounting services to a range of clients
- Advise on corporate tax planning
- Restructuring projects
- Complex UK tax computations and returns
- Develop new clients in order to sell services of the firm as well as cross sell when applicable
- Ability to undertake tax audits for clients under UK GAAP and IFRS
- Ability to prepare proposals for new work, including researching target client companies
- Ability to actively seek opportunities for selling new services to existing clients
- Staff management
The position is based in Edinburgh, but suitable individuals are trusted to work from the Glasgow office on the Edinburgh portfolio.
The below benefits are a mix of statutory and voluntary benefits with amendments being available to everyone to take and use as they see fit.
- Flexible personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions
- Life assurance
- Income protection insurance
- Purchase additional holidays - up to 10 days
- Private medica/dental Insurance
- Travel insurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted retail offers
- Childcare vouchers
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have the following experience:
- Ability to manage a substantial client portfolio profitably whilst being able to actively seek opportunities for developing new clients and for selling new services to existing clients
- In depth and up to date, knowledge of taxation with specialist knowledge and the ability to deal with complex tax issues
- CTA, ACCA, ICAS qualified or equivalent
- Project and staff management experience
- Experience of dealing with client senior management