Just Food Recruitment, part of The JFR Group is searching for an enthusiastic and experienced Engineering Manager to join this established food manufacturer in West Yorkshire.
To provide exemplary hands-on engineering management duties to contribute in the smooth operation of the site's production objectives and targets. This role requires a minimum of 60-70% hands on factory floor involvement.
Specific Area Role Accountabilities:
- To manage and motivate all team members, ensuring they are supported and work in partnership to deliver engineering KPI's that contribute to business KPI's
- To be responsible for the staff development process, ensuring the engineering team has the correct resource at all times
- To prioritise and manage the engineering workload/activities for the site, and delegate duties as appropriate
- To ensure all plant, equipment and systems are maintained with suitable and sufficient protection as defined by legislation
- To detect and rectify any issues in a timely manner, which affects the performance or safety of plant or equipment
- To maintain a cost-effective engineering stores system
- To champion industry best practice and promote the introduction of new technology where appropriate
- To ensure all works are completed in line with health & safety, food safety and legislative guidance
- To develop and maintain preventative maintenance systems and schedules
- To develop and implement health & safety risk assessments for engineering activities
- To be accountable for ensuring all machinery and plant is working to optimum speed, with minimal disruption to production
Essential Skills and Competencies:
- Relevant qualification in mechanical or electrical engineering
- 16th or 17th edition
- Extensive electrical and mechanical knowledge within an FMCG environment
- Experience in managing and developing teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Driven and motivated to succeed
- Positive attitude to colleagues
- Flexible approach to hours to meet business needs
To learn more please apply and a member of the team will be in touch.
The JFR Group are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.