Our client based in Theale is recruiting for a Credit and Collection Manager. There will be hybrid working for this role.
There is no people management/reports into this role.Role
Reporting to the Finance Controller International, the Credit Manager is responsible for and overseeing the investigation of credit risk in customers. This coupled with meeting collection targets is essential to the profitability and maximisation of cash flow for the business. Fundamental to the role is the requirement to provide and manage reporting to meet the demands of the business along with creating partnerships within the business.Duties:
- Manage a team that have the ability to meet all goals and objectives.
- Properly motivate the credit and collections staff.
- Measure team performance with appropriate metrics
- Provide for ongoing training of the credit staff
- Manage relations with collection agencies and credit reporting agencies
- Continuously review and implement appropriate and necessary changes to ensure efficiencies are improved and maintained
- Develop partnerships within the business to facilitate goals and 'delighting' customers
- Contribute to and communicate on quarterly targets
- Manage any issue resolving requirements around accounts on a timely basis - escalating where appropriate
- Meet all reporting requirement deadlines on a regular basis
- Maintain the local credit policy and ensure adherence to business compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Recommend changes in the credit policy, where appropriate, to senior management.
- Manage bad debt reporting and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Make recommendations and proactively initiate and develop new processes, as required, to assist in the credit and collection function working alongside all interested parties.
- Computer literacy including strong Excel skills. (Microsoft Dynamics AX experience although not a requisite would be an advantage)
- Experience of high-volume transaction business
- Confident & Professional telephone manner with good communication skills
- Proven track record of driving collections down.
- Positive attitude
- Self-motivated, good communicator and organised individual
- 5+ years of credit experience.
- Member of the Institute of Credit Management
- Have a knowledge of credit-related laws.