I am recruiting for a media business based near Tower Bridge SE1. They operate in a number of markets and are divisionalised to support those business lines. This is a complex operating environment and they appoint finance staff to be embedded within the operating divisons to support non finance orientated stakeholders.
You will work with operations to explain how their respective projects are performing, liaise with Central Finance to iron out P&L issues and train and support on the finance systems and processes to ensure ongoing accuracy.
This is a superb career opportunity for someone with a minimum of 12 months' experience of transactional accounting in a large company who is looking to extend into financial and management reporting. This role also offers study support to reflect this learning aspect.
What you'll be doing:
This is a varied role and you will take responsibility for:-
- Managing the financial integrity of projects, highlighting issues to project owners and sorting out any irregularities
- Reviewing project performance, including profitability at both project and client level
- Provide training for new joiners on financial systems
- Be the financial reference for executives in the division: help them through procedures, quotes and the structuring of project finances
- Reporting on KPIs Support the month end process
- Deal with ad-hoc finance queries
- Provide ad-hoc analysis when requested Assist with year-end and mid-year external audits
- Constant focus on efficiency/stream-lining of processes
What do I need to bring with me?
- To be successful in this role you will need the following skills and experience: -
- Experience and relevant work experience within a finance function high level of numeracy Advanced MS Excel skills
- Very good communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Excellent time management skills, capable of prioritising workload
- High level of drive and initiative, especially around process improvement
- Confident in own ability, particularly when explaining financial concepts to non-financial people
- Both curious and passionate about doing things better