Assistant Ecologist - Hampshire
My client is a highly ambitious consultancy with blue-chip clients primarily based around the South of England. Thye are seeking an Assistant Ecologist who has experience in Phase 1 Habitat Surveys to join their highly skilled and supportive team, based in Hampshire.
With a broad range of top-tier clients, the ideal Assistant Ecologist candidate must be comfortable working in a fast moving, client focused commercial environment.
Assistant Ecologist applicants are required to have a strong academic background in a relevant discipline, experience working for a UK-based environmental consultancy and hold a valid UK driving licence.
It is beneficial for candidates to have experience completing protected species surveys.The Role:
This exciting role will offer you the chance to deliver ecological consultancy and mitigation works. This will include:
- To take instructions from their manager and senior colleagues and to report back within previously agreed timescales.
- To visit sites and gather accurate technical data on ecological subjects including:
- Bat Potential Surveys.
- Dawn and dusk Bat Surveys.
- Great Crested Newt Surveys and associated field work.
- Ecological Phase 1 surveys.
- To prepare Word, Excel, CAD and other digital documents from my client's templates and to assist with the preparation of new report subject templates.
- To take accurate site measurements and other relevant information at the same time as ensuring that photographic evidence and any required samples are gathered.
- To report gathered and digital information back to their colleagues and manager for checking and quality control.
- To learn and keep up to date with modern ecological practices and to continually improve their ecological and natural science identification skills.
- To maintain at all times a professional approach, answering customer queries in a prompt and efficient manner, including the safe keeping of all documentation and my cleint's equipment.
- To portray and promote my client's image of being a centre of ecological excellence.
- To respect the confidential nature and copyright of my client's client base, templates and other data.
- And any other activities to support the business of my client.
- Competitive salary.
- 32 days holiday (including Bank Holidays).
- Superb training and career development.
- Contributory Pension Scheme.
- £300p/a CPD budget
- Paid for CIEEM accreditation and support with applications.
If this role is of interest to you or if you are searching for other roles relating to Ecology, please do not hesitate to contact Tim Joannides on or email . We have many more vacancies available on our website at www.penguinrecruitment.co.uk. This is a permanent role.
Penguin Recruitment is operating a Recruitment Agency in respect to this position.