Behaviour Mentor and Inclusion Assistant
We are looking for a highly motivated, exceptional individual to take on the role of a Behaviour Mentor and Inclusion Assistant at an 11-18 academy in Bexley. The role is a full-time, permanent role and will begin immediately.
Successful candidates for this post will ideally possess some Behavioural Mentoring experience, with an interest in working with student with a wide range of behavioural and educational needs including emotional, social and mental health needs is essential. A caring, flexible and common-sense approach is important.
Primarily this includes working with individuals and/or small groups to resolve difficulties causing concern promptly, so as to promote learning at all times as part of the Behaviour for Learning Team. It also includes leading and supporting interventions to address pupils' social and emotional needs.
The successful candidate will have a flexible approach and some experience of working with KS3-5 children who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties and autism.We are seeking to appoint an individual who
- To work under the guidance of the class teacher and line manager to plan, guide and monitor student's wellbeing, behaviour for learning and their social skills.
- Supervise activities, assist with the general management of students in school in conjunction with the teacher and support staff to provide one to one support for targeted students, in particular lessons where there are barriers to learning.
- To support the Behaviour Policy.
- To be aware and respond appropriately to individual students needs
- To promote positive behaviour management by modelling and suggesting effective strategies with Isolation Unit.
- Work as part of the Pastoral and Inclusion Team to provide disaffected/vulnerable students with the appropriate support.
- Work with individuals or small groups of students on behaviour management, anger management, developing peer relationships, improving self-esteem etc.
- To manage challenging and extreme behaviour of individual students, setting targets for improvement on a daily/weekly basis
- Support students in a flexible manner on re-integration into the classroom.
You will have absolute commitment to wanting the best for children and young people, along with tact, discretion and diplomacy in all interpersonal relationships with parents/carers, students and colleagues at work. You will be self-motivated and have a personal drive to complete tasks to the required timescales and quality standards.
When you join the TimePlan Education family, you not only have easy access to the best teaching jobs in the market, you will benefit from having a team of education experts championing your career and caring about your success. Yes, we'll find you a classroom where you can flourish, but we'll also give you ongoing career support and professional development to ensure you're up to date with the latest teaching techniques and regularly check in with you to ensure you're happy and thriving.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact David at TimePlan Education on or email