You will efficiently lead the transport shift operations, ensuring legal compliance, 100% safety and the delivery of financial and operational objectives. The successful candidate will work as part of the transport team to ensure service & cost targets are met and continuously improvedClient Details
Our client is a leading FMCG business across the UK working with manufacturers and distributors to get their products out to local pharmacies, hospitals and retailers. Description
- Responsibility for transport shift operations.
- Working in partnership with central functions and the other site leadership to deliver the daily transport plan through transport administration and our driver colleagues.
- Transport culture - Visible people leader of drivers & administrators to deliver exceptional performance in an open, progressive environment, embracing continuous improvement. Coaching, mentoring & training drivers & transport colleagues to the right standard.
- Transport Performance - Deliver on a wide variety of data & KPI's that ensure:
- Transport legal compliance - all legislative requirements, such as drivers hours regulations, are enforced and complied to
- Transport safety - Deliver a 100% safety, 100% of the time, following up on all incidents and reporting in a timely manner with preventative recommendations
- Driver Availability - ensuring all shifts are appropriately covered, drivers implement a continuously culture ensuring we have trained and supported drivers.
- Drive and deliver the people KPI's specifically, employee engagement and absence
- Service delivery - all service KPI's to be met, with issues escalated in a timely manner
- All costs managed in line with Budget - delivering daily, weekly and monthly reporting with remedial actions where items are not in line with budget
- Maintaining a roadworthy fleet - Performing vehicle inspections, walkarounds with drivers, ensuring all pre and post vehicle checks are completed and managing vehicles in line with their service plans.
- Fuel Management - Ensuring all fuel processes are adhered to and that drivers are debriefed regularly against their Driving Styles to deliver efficient & safe driving.
The successful candidate will live within a commutable distance to Letchworth but you will also be a driven and motivational leader.Job Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits.