This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest science and technology companies in the world. They are an industry leader and can offer fantastic opportunities for progression and development, state of the art facilities and a healthy remuneration package.Responsibilities:
- Undertaking a wide variety Trade Compliance related activities.
- Completing daily customs entry processing (Import/Export/Transit) via SAP GTS in support of manufacturing plants in a timely and accurate manner.
- Daily communication with external logistics providers and Customs Brokers.
- Collaborating with various local, regional and global business stakeholders to ensure compliance with Government and Customs regulations
- Assisting in the continued development and support of Trade Compliance systems and programmes.
- Conducting internal compliance audits and any associated post clearance activities required.
- Experience in international trade is essential.
- Experience of submitting Customs Import and/or Export declarations via standalone Customs declaration software, ideally SAP GTS or other similar HMRC certified systems such as Descarte or Ricardo
- Ability and flexibility to adapt to changing priorities and processes
- Ability to function under pressure: manage workload and maintain due dates.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
- Experience of working in a SAP Customs self-filing environment, completing import and/or export declarations via GTS is highly desirable.
- Good standard of education is required - A-level qualification or equivalent to include as a minimum GCSE Maths and English
- Professional training in Customs matters by a recognised organisation such as Strong & Herd, BIFA etc
If you're interested in the above role then please click apply or get in touch to discuss further.
Consult will endeavour to contact candidates within 14 days of application. However, if you do not hear back after 2 weeks then please assume on this occasion, unfortunately, you have not been successful.