About the job:
Consumer Additions have Partnered with a Premium Sportswear Brand who are searching for a Financial Accountant to join its small but experienced Finance department. This diverse and interesting finance role is a great first move from practice to industry to learn the ropes in a commercial environment and add value to one of the hottest brands in the sports and lifestyle arena. Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Financial Controller and the Finance Team Head with the filing of monthly group reporting.
- Support the team in budgeting and forecasting cycles using new group tool (Oracle FPT)
- Provide in-house knowledge on IFRS16 lease accounting, including maintaining the group tool (SLAN) for UK leases, forecasting, and assessing any monthly actuals discrepancies.
- Prepare and submit VAT returns (UK, Ireland & German) as well as other government reporting (e.g. Intrastats)
- Prepare annual financial statements.
- Support on external and internal audits. Provide all the necessary schedules in relation to the audits
- Prepare stock reconciliations, stock reporting, and aging analysis.
- Identify process improvements in all areas of financial and management reporting.
- Support ad-hoc projects both within the Finance team and throughout the business representing Finance interests.
- Qualified accountant with minimum 1-year PQE
- Highly proficient in Excel
- Familiarity or experience with OLAP data cubes (PDM).
- Knowledge of Hyperion/Oracle preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Sound analytical, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, driven, curious, and proactive
- Willingness to learn a new business to help develop and improve the process