Reed Accountancy are recruiting for a Finance and Business Partner, on a temporary to permanent basis, for a charity in Sudbury!This role is 35 hours per week, office based, working alongside the Director and CEO. Paying the hourly equivalent of £35-£38K per year.
- Need to have experience and knowledge of QuickBooks
- ACCA or equivalent
- Analytical with budgeting and forecasting
- Management accounts
- Experience working with CEO or Treasurer
- Sage payroll software, Microsoft Office experience
- Line management experience
- Knowledge of regulatory environments for charities
- Experience producing, monitoring and reporting on grant budgets
- Persuading skills
- Experience in development of financial processes
- Verbal and written communication
- Ability to reach goals
- Ability to provide professional leadership to colleagues
Purpose Of Role:
- To work with the CEO and Executive Team to develop long term financial and business plans that enable Hourglass to achieve its strategic goals.
- To oversee the preparation, development and analysis of management accounting information, ensure compliance with legal requirements and accounting standards, and provide financial evidence to support the charity in the efficient use of financial resources.
- To work with the CEO to oversee the preparation of the annual budgets and statutory accounts and act as finance liaison for budget holders across the charity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead responsibility for Hourglass' financial policies, systems and procedures.
- Produce timely and accurate financial management information, providing reports to the Board of Trustees in an agreed format.
- Work with the Executive Team to develop annual budgets and monitor progress against budgets.
- Work with the Executive Team and Treasurer to develop a longer-term strategic business plan.
- Ensure that accurate financial data is available for grant applications and grant funding reports.
- Oversee the production of the annual statutory accounts and be the key contact for the audit.
- Attend the Finance Audit and Risk sub-committee (FAR) as required providing information as requested.
- Develop and maintain the Hourglass financial risk register.
Interesting candidates should APPLY without delay.
- Take lead responsibility for Hourglass financial polices and systems and procedures, adhering to financial regulations and legislation.
- Review existing financial policies and update as necessary, ensuring that they are fit for purpose. Ensure that policies continue to be reviewed and updated on a regular basis.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that all staff comply with financial policies and procedures by the delivery of appropriate training and ongoing monitoring.
- Ensure that the financial systems used by Hourglass are efficient, robust, cost effective and capable of producing all required data.
- Oversee and work with third party management accountant to produce timely and accurate financial management information. providing reports to the Board of Trustees (via the CEO) in the agreed format.
- Produce monthly financial reports to include balance sheets, whole charity income and expenditure accounts and departmental reports.
- Monitor and report on cashflow requirements.
- Ensure that all relevant balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.