An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation, our Global FMCG Client, the powerhouse behind Persil, Comfort, Surf and Ben & Jerry's, are currently seeking a Finance Controller for their site in Trafford Park, Manchester. This is a full-time temporary role for 18 months, 37.5 hour week, paying up to £55,000 per annum working Monday to Friday.
Unfortunately we cannot consider candidates with longer than 1 month notice to serve.
Based in Trafford Park, this role will be a member of the Manufacturing Finance Team and will report to the Rotterdam based Manufacturing Finance Lead in Group Supply Chain Finance. You will be the Finance Partner for a site and together with the site leadership team, will be responsible for the in-year site performance, major value interventions, savings delivery and financial controls.Your Key Tasks:
Required knowledge and Experiences:
- Is the Finance Business Partner of the Factory Site Leadership Team
- Ensure Site performance delivery is in line with Group SCF strategy
- Responsible for site in-year financial results and performance (cost/waste/Capex)
- Drive the waste reduction finance agenda (ZBW, Business waste)
- Responsible for controls, month end process and variances analyses.
- Responsible for site budgeting process & forecast planning cycles.
- Focus on Value that matters:
- Lead strong value interventions especially in case of under-performance, manage risks and gap closing plans.
- Partner big value site projects (capex proposals/transformation project delivery)
- Contribute to site-masterplans and decision-making on innovations, restructures or network business cases through deep understanding of site impacts and financials.
- Can participate in projects to build finance capabilities across the network of sites.
- 5+ years work experience of which 2/3 years in Supply Chain and factory finance roles highly valued
- Worked in FMCG, Multi-national companies
- Professional qualifications and experience: Finance/business degree.
- Familiar with financial and supply chain processes, specifically manufacturing is a plus.
- Driving performance, risk management, decision making, critical thinking and collaboration.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and strategic influencing skills with diverse, multi-functional stakeholders.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and passionate about innovation with an ability to identify opportunities, set agenda and drive speedy actions, overcome and learn from setbacks.
- Embrace a growth mindset with strong dedication to customers.
- End to end management, ability to understand the big picture but also comfortable with details and managing the operations.
- Highly adaptable, self-managed and proactive
- Good written and verbal English