£17 per hour
Full Time Contract
Novax Recruitment is actively seeking an Accountant based in Barry. This is a temporary contract working full time hours. This role will initially be remote but will move to office/hybrid working method further down the line. For this reason we are only considering applicants within commutable distance to Barry.
Roles and responsibilities include:
* Preparation of revenue and capital estimates, monitoring statements and final accounts for a range of the clients services.
* Completion of revenue and capital grant claims, statutory returns and statistical submissions.
* Assist in the preparation of the Medium Term Financial Plan, Capital Investment Strategy and any other documents impacting upon the Client's financial and performance management framework.
* Provision of financial advice, guidance and training to officers and members as required, including attending officer and member meetings as necessary as well as internal and external seminars on matters affecting the Authority.
* Assist in the management, development and motivation of other Accountancy staff, including the workload supervision of junior members of staff, in pursuit of corporate, service and individual targets and objectives.
* Assist in the development of the Accountancy function including new financial management systems and processes.
* Ensure compliance with the client's Financial Regulations, Standing Orders, Policies and Procedures
We are looking for a candidate with a accounting qualification, and experience working in an accountancy position within public sector or local government.
For more information, please contact Euan at Novax on or follow the job advert to apply.