Search has been exclusively engaged on an Interim Accountant opportunity within a dynamic and transforming organisation.
A large organisation within the construction sector, this organisation is going through significant change and transformation. The business has revolutionised it's trading model and also it's financial systems to adapt to changing client requirements leading to increased workload.
This is a true hands-on trouble-shooter role. You will be required to come in, reporting to the Head of Finance, and to lead on the delivery of excellent financial processes and policies. As the lead Accountant, you will be given the autonomy and responsibility for leading a Team of inexperienced, yet highly motivated clerks to drive these changes.
You will also be responsible for:
- Getting the business in a robust place regarding both Management and Financial reports
- Creation of a regular timetable for all colleagues to become familiar with
- Getting complete clarity from the business about expectations and reporting requirements
- Leading and directing a small team of junior accountants
- Partnering with the Head of Finance to take additional tasks from them
- Liaising with external parties such as banks or auditors if applicable.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone to join a business going through a change programme, to add value, learn and have a significant impact. Joining at a critical time, you will be able to support in getting control of processes and procedures and to create a clean financial and management accounts timetable.
Ideally you will:
- Be a professionally Qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA or ACCA)
- Have a track record of trouble-shooting within fast paced environments
- Be able to lead, coach and mentor both finance and non-finance colleagues
- Demonstrate high levels of self-motivation and autonomy
£22ph to £26ph