About the role
The purpose of this role is to help manage a caseload of employment and pension litigation matters. This will include the assistance in the provision of high-quality legal advice and services in a range of disciplines and subject areas;Key Responsibilities
- Manage a personal caseload of employment and general litigation related matters as follows:
- Employment law and pensions
- Debt recovery;
- Personal Injury
- Damage to property
- Health and safety law;
- Data protection and freedom of information law;
- Road traffic accidents
- Such other areas of law as may be relevant to the LFC.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Advise, as required on employment and pension related matters, general litigation, information law, and on governance matters.
- Assist other fee-earners, as required, by providing high level legal research, assistance and support on employment and general litigation related advice work.
- Solicitor or barrister qualified to practise in England and Wales.
- Recent experience of working in the areas of employment, pensions and civil litigation law and practice, ideally within local government.
- Excellent organisational skills in order to deliver in a timely manner clear and accurate material on legal matters amid competing demands within a busy working environment.
- Effective skills managing and prioritising personal workloads, working within set deadlines, with supervision.
- Up to date knowledge of employment, pensions and civil litigation law
- Up to date knowledge of employment and civil litigation procedure
- An understanding of governance and decision making within a local authority type organisation. An awareness of the need to be alert to political sensitivities.