SMART Education are recruiting for a SEN Teaching Assistant to support a young person in their studies, this role is based at the family home and is in Worcester.
DAYS: Monday - Friday
Your role will involve supporting SEN students on a 1:1 basis in their home environment, helping students access learning and make progress in their education. The young person we are looking to support has ASD & Anxiety.
Prior experience of working with young people who have SEND requirements or those who have faced barriers in education is essential to this role.
If you have worked with any of the below specifically, this would be advantageous:
* SENSORY NEEDS
Responsibilities as an SEND Teaching Assistant:
* Working 1:1 with students who have various special educational needs
* Understanding and appreciation of working with vulnerable young people and those with SEN
* Positive behaviour strategy, knowledge and experience of helping children self - regulate emotions
* Excellent written communication and reporting
* Excellent timekeeping and reliability
* Teaching Assistant Qualification / Degree / 12 months SEN TA Experience
* Experience of working with SEND / SEBD / SEMH students
* Highly ambitious & enthusiastic
* Be able to work with a creative approach to the curriculum
* Able to manage behaviour and set firm and clear boundaries
* Motivate learners
* Patient & Motivating
Hours: 30 hours per week
Start Date: ASAP
Call Fiona at SMART Education today for further information