Kenny Recruit are looking for an immediately available (or on a short notice) Management Accountant to join one of our highly respected clients, within the financial services industry, on an initial 6 month contract (with the view to going permanent). They are one of the world's largest interdealer brokers and you will be responsible for one of their largest legal entities. They will look at both part-qualified and qualified candidates. Your knowledge of the month end and year end processes are what they will be focusing on.Pay:
£45,000 - £55,000 per annum + benefitsLocation:
Central London - will be office based but flexible hours offered if requiredWorking hours:
8.30am - 5.30pm
The role will cover the following responsibilities:Month End Reporting
- Carrying out all month end accounting postings in an efficient and accurate manner following a set timetable, including preparation of support cost entries, revenue share accruals, PSA / P11D accruals and processing of inter company debit notes;
- Ensuring the correct accounting treatment is applied on both BAU and ad hoc matters;
- Analysing month on month and YTD variances and providing clear, accurate and meaningful commentary for key variances;
- Preparing month end balance sheet reconciliations to good standard with appropriate back up support and commentary on key movements;
- Calculating current and deferred tax provisions;
- Preparing month end reporting packages for group finance;
- Addressing queries from London management and from group finance;
- Liaising with overseas offices and ensuring all inter-company balances are agreed and any disputes resolved.
Half Year And Year End Reporting
- Developing a good understanding of the business and its products;
- Building a strong working rapport with the Business Managers and desk heads and acting as a first port of call for front office queries;
- Preparing HY and YE working papers for external auditors;
- Addressing and resolving audit queries;
- Preparing IFRS statutory workbooks at YE
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Preparing and maintaining process notes and legal entity standing files;
- Maintaining and complying with internal controls and processes;
- Assisting with the implementation of system and process changes;
- Participating in small scale finance projects.
- Fostering a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that encourages an appreciation of diversity, cohesiveness, sportiveness, and working together effectively to enable each employee and the department to achieve its goals
- Communicating in a friendly, helpful and non-prejudicial manner with all relevant internal and external stakeholders as you are a representative of your department as well as the Group and therefore expected to behave accordingly
- Undertaking and passing all necessary training in line with the requirements of the role
- Adhering to all company policies and applicable legislation
- Any other duties reasonably requested
- Qualified Accountant. ACA or ACCA preferable
- Big four audit firm training desirable
- Exposure to accounting for Matched Principal desirable
- Financial services experience preferable
- Proficient systems knowledge
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills especially Excel
- Self-driven, enthusiastic and a good team player
- Ability to work under pressure and embrace change
- Proven ability to solve complex issues and reconcile differences
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Attention to detail but aware of the big picture
- Good organisational skills and time keeping
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and implement changes
- Ability to take ownership of ad hoc tasks or small projects from start to completion and deliver conclusive results.
We've been candidates too so we know how frustrating it is if you don't hear back from a job application. We'd love to respond to everyone, however given the high volume of responses we receive from the combination of job boards, social media and other sources and despite our best efforts, we simply can't get back to every application - We know that's not what you want to hear but we hope you'll understand?
Short-listed candidates will obviously be contacted for this specific role and if you haven't heard from us within a week, please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We will keep your CV on file to contact you with regards to future roles and any other advice to help you, however if you do not wish to remain on our database, please let us know and we will obviously remove you. Alternatively, feel free to contact us for a chat.