New Data Cabling Engineer roles available at Randstad CPE (phone number removed)
Start Date: November, 2021
Day rate: £12-14 an hour
Randstad CPE Contact: Mickayla Occhini (Maidstone branch) (phone number removed)
Our client is a large international facitilies management company; delivering high spec sustainable products to nearly 10,000 client sites. They deliver value and are looking for talented staff to join their team.
- Competent in the structured cabling installation of Cat5E UTP/STP, Cat6 UTP/STP & Cat6A UTP/STP
- Terminate and test cables within patch panels and data outlets
- Trace and find faults in data cables using Fluke Link Runner
- Ability to test data cabling using Fluke DSX data teste
- Fibre cabling installation of multimode and single-mode fibre cables
- Aility to terminate fibre cables within fibre panels/fibre boxes using Fibre Splicer or Hot Cured/Crimp terminations
- Trace and find faults in fibre using OTDR
- Test fibre cabling using Fluke DSX Multimode/Singlemode test
- Voice cabling installation of multimode voice cabling and fault-finding voice cables within premises and test voice cabling using Fluke DSX data tester
- Floor mounted and wall mounted data cabinets/racks within comms rooms
- Competent in the installation of cable tray, basket tray, PVC and metal trunking, PVC and metal conduit and cable matting.
- Patching out data cabinets as per client's spreadsheets. Knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Word would be an advantage as working with the laptop.
- Structured cabling systems of Commscope, Brand-Rex, Excel, Panduit, Nexans & Connectix cabling products.
- CNIT or City & Guilds & Guilds communication Cabling or NVQ telecommunication certification will be required.
- Customer focussed individual with a proactive approach to working and good Communication Skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and or as part of a team
- Ability to work safely at all times and the ability to understand the contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations
- ECS Grade Card
- Provide appropriate and correct site information
- Ability to successfully complete tasks within given timescales of the project
- Ability to identify issues or risks that require escalation as necessary to the project manager
- Full clean driving licence
- Paid Holiday
- Company Van
- Fuel Card
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
- Supportive working culture and future progression opportunities
- Mobile, legal, bicycle, breakdown, and retail discounts
- Eye test and glasses reimbursement
- Cycle 2 work scheme
What you need to do next:
If you feel this role meets your expectations please click apply and upload your details or call us on (phone number removed) (option 3) or (phone number removed).
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business