Assistant AccountantPermanent£27,000 - £29,000 per annumBuckingham
Due to recent growth, our client is looking to add to their existing and established Finance Team. The role of the Assistant Accountant is to oversee the company accounts process, engaging with key stakeholders both internally and externally.Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
You must have:
- Handling accounts payable and receivable.
- Recording financial transactions.
- Completing tax forms.
- Managing profit and loss statements and balance sheets.
- Paying regular bills for the company.
- Maintaining company ledgers.
- Handling client invoices by recording and approving or denying the payments.
- Appropriately coding payables to prepare them for the accountant's input later.
- Distributing money appropriately to various departments internally.
- Invoicing deliveries and paying vendors for their goods and services.
- Preparing purchase orders in accordance with requests for materials.
- Filing historical records and retrieving necessary documents as needed for others.
- Complying with legal requirements as they pertain to the company's operations and financial activities.
- Recording cash receipts and handling bank deposits.
- Preparing information for auditors.
- Keeping an annual company budget.
- Providing administrative and clerical support as needed.
- Additional bookkeeping duties as designated by management.
Role advertised: 19th November 2021If you feel you have what it takes to be the Assistant Accountant, please apply today because we'd love to hear from you!
- AAT Level 3 or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Resilience and a proven ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to build effective and beneficial relationships with internal and external parties.
- Excellent problem-solving ability and be prepared to 'think outside of the box' to find solutions to satisfy both the customer and the company.
- Ability to work independently and with other members of the team.
- Willingness to work to set targets and tight deadlines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and working with finance programs.
- Experience of working in similar roles.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong organisational skills.
Ascendant Recruitment is one of Milton Keynes and Northampton's leading recruitment companies, with PA/Administration, Customer Service, Human Resources, Finance and Temporary divisions. Ascendant Recruitment operates as an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and an Employment Business for temporary recruitment. For more information on our current vacancies please visit and like/follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
If this isn't your perfect role, register with us and let us find it for you.