Be the difference, change lives - apply today!
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Team Leader to join our teams in Surrey, supporting people with Learning Disabilities across 5 small supported living locations.
Previous experience working with people with Learning disabilities and Autism as well as experience in managing a team of staff to promote high quality, person centred support would be an advantage.
You will be a driver with access to a car for work purposes. (Mileage paid T&C's apply)
This role is split between management admin time and on rota support, so the ability to work flexibility, including every other weekend is essential.Your Benefits
About The Role
- 28 days paid holiday per year (inc. bank holidays)*
- Make a genuine difference to someone's life
- Blue Light Card
- Pension scheme
- Sleep in & bank holiday payment enhancements
- Fantastic training and development
- Paid for DBS
- Refer a friend scheme (earning £100 - £400 per referral)
- Work alongside the Support Manager to ensure that our staff are providing excellent support to the people that we work with
- Play a key role in day to day management of the location
- Provide support and supervision to the support staff
- Manage the rota and ensure that staff are fully trained
- Provide on the job coaching, feedback, and act as a role model
- Take part in an on-call rota to ensure that staff have access to support when it is needed
To work flexibly to meet the needs of the locations and to participate in the Out of Hours On-Call rota.What skills and experience do I need?
- Experience supporting adults with learning disabilities and mental health needs
- Able to work flexibly on a 7-day rota
- Skills and interests in direct line management of staff and developing others
- People that share our values
- Excellent communication including verbal, written and IT skills
- Excellent time management and organisation
- Full UK driving license and own car
- Have (or be willing to work towards) a level 3 Qualifications & Credit Framework Diploma (QCF)
At Affinity Trust, all of the people we support have a learning disability but many have associated health needs, dementia, physical disabilities, profound and multiple learning disability or mental health needs.
All our Support Workers complete shadow shifts before working with the people we support.
This post will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, provided by Affinity Trust.
We promote diversity and inclusion within our workforce.
Affinity Trust is committed to being Disability Confident. As part of our commitment, all candidates who declare a disability and meet the essential criteria for the role are guaranteed an interview.