An exceptional opportunity for a qualified or finalist level accountant within one of the country's leading FMCG companies to join hem as a Commercial Accountant. This role provides great exposure to the marketing and promotional activities of the business with a budget of over £1b across the UK and Ireland.
Reporting to the head of commercial finance this interesting and challenging opportunity will include the following responsibilities:
- Preparation of timely and insightful management reports on all promotional activity
- Developing commercial score cards for promotional activity return on investment
- Working closely with product line finance managers to understand the business model and activities, supporting them with analysis and issue resolution
- Providing finance support to the sales operations reporting teams with financial input and process improvements to ensure accurate data management and customer promotional sales rebate programs
- Ensuring process compliance and best financial practice across commercial functions
- Developing internal and external stakeholder relationships (including external auditors)
- Working on projects and process improvement initiatives
- Managing two staff to support you in delivering great results
This is not the normal 'run of the mill' accountant role! Whilst you need to have good technical accounting skills (e.g. balance sheet accounting reconciliations) you need to be able to confidently communicate work cross functionally (e.g. commercial, sales, IT and finance shared services). Key skills and attributes we need include:
- Qualified / finalist accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Ideally experienced of working within FMCG or Retail or perhaps accountancy practice trained where you have audited FMCG or retail companies
- Great and handling lots of data and producing high quality financial reports to tight deadlines
- Strong commercial acumen and a genuine interest in how the business works!
- Excellent IT skills
- Confident and inquisitive - happy to ask challenging questions to get the right outcomes
- A collegiate and Business Partnering approach
- Ambitious and flexible - this is a great step-stone role with future promotion prospects
- Agile - this role would requite 2 days per week in the office and then remote working so you need to be able to plan your work and time to get the most out of hybrid working
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive a great range of benefits and the opportunity to develop on a professional and personal level. To apply please forward your CV with details of your current salary and notice period.