Senior Legal Counsel £120,000 with 30% bonus with a mix of hybrid and office working, Mayfair London/Southend/home
The successful candidate will be joining the in-house legal team of a private equity and national property group. The company is a large freeholder, residential landlord and has various other business interests both in the UK and US. The successful candidate will lead a team encompassing several additional solicitors and a strong support structure including paralegal and secretarial support. The role offers varied and interesting work across the group from leasehold reform matters, litigation and corporate transactions. You will be a solutions-based lawyer with a business and commercial focused outlook and strong communication skills. This is a varied and interesting role in a busy fast-moving organisation.Job Specification
- Managing a team of legal professionals who deal with all aspects of the legal functions of the business including Lease Extensions, Collective Enfranchisements, Right to Manage claims, Deeds of Variation, Licences, Sales, Property Litigation and the review of corporate finance documents
- Alongside managing the team the candidate will oversee a personal case load of either leasehold reform or litigation matters (dependent upon specialism)
- Providing legal advice on all aspects of the Group's activities
- Other matters commensurate with the role and as required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a background dealing with Residential and Commercial Property transactions with private practice experience
- Have a specialism in dealing with Residential Landlord and Tenant matters either in respect of litigation or transactional leasehold reform matters (Lease Extensions & Collective Enfranchisement)
- Have management or supervisory experience and be able to lead a busy team overseeing a variety of matters on a large property portfolio
- Highly organised individual with the ability to manage a busy workload and a track record of implementing processes and procedures to promote efficiency within a department
- Be an entrepreneurial, solutions focused, facilitator who is professional with good attention to detail
- Deal with the wider business offering advice and guidance on a range of other legal matters
- Have the capability to communicate well with different personalities and various internal stakeholders and Directors of the business
- Be the first point of contact and manage external counsel relationships
- Have demonstrated experience in meeting targets and budgets.
- Commercial awareness, strong communication skills and solutions focused advice are essential
The company has a demonstrated a track record of success over a period of 30-years. Our employees are a large part of that success which is why we offer an excellent range of benefits to all our staff. Benefits include; 25 days holiday, private healthcare, paid training and memberships, Employee of the month scheme, discretionary annual bonuses, Pension scheme, death in service cover, wellbeing incentives, quarterly staff social activities.
At Alexander Charles we take the protection of your data very seriously and I would draw your attention to our GDPR statement which can be found on our website under the heading "legal"
By sending us your details, you will have deemed to have considered and accepted these terms.