A prestigious organisation in Wandsworth is seeking an Accounts Payable Assistant to join them on a temporary basis. The successful candidate will be joining the team in their offices, so it is important to be able to commute to the area. As this is an ongoing temporary booking the successful candidate will need to hit the ground running and have good working knowledge of accounts payable. Main tasks:
Qualifications and requirements:
- General ledger Invoice coding and postings.
- Organising invoices for authorisation and liaising with staff to ensure invoices are signed off on a timely basis.
- Invoice matching against purchase orders and posting.
- Logging and chasing resolution of invoice queries.
- Setting up of new vendors, ensuring all checks are followed.
- Posting and paying intercompany invoices.
- Dealing with suppliers' queries courteously and efficiently.
- Supplier Statement reconciliations.
- Requesting bank details from suppliers and updating systems. Ensuring all suppliers records are completely up to date.
- Scanning of authorised and paid invoices, payments, and remittances.
- Month end duties i.e. back dating of invoices for period end, and the reconciliation of supplier statements, prepayment and supplier control account.
- Additional ad-hoc duties to support the finance department.
- Chase up VAT invoices which have been paid on a pro-forma basis.
- Must be adept in use of the MS Office Suite, particularly Excel and Word.
- Well organised and methodical individual with good admin experience, who can. check and organise financial information as well as respond to enquiries by email.
- Be flexible and able to deliver to deadlines.
- High level of organisational skills with exceptional attention to detail and a thorough and systematic approach to diagnosing and solving problems.
- Must be flexible and be able to manage/prioritise own workload and work under pressure.
- Be able to always maintain confidentiality.
- Please apply as soon as possible to be considered for this exciting opportunity.
Reed offers unique benefits to all temporary workers being paid PAYE by Reed, these include:
Access to free training
This is to ensure you have the full range of skills to meet our clients' needs.
Reed Discount Card
When you register on temp you are entitled to benefits through the Reed discount card scheme. We have joined together with several trusted partners to give you access to discounts off a wide range of products and services. These companies include Virgin Experience, National Express, David Lloyd Leisure and Thomas Cook Direct. Click for more information on the Discount Card.
Paid holiday scheme
Reed also offers paid holiday to temporary workers. The scheme offers a maximum of four weeks or 20 days paid holiday per year.
Statutory sick pay
Should you fall ill for four consecutive days following 13 continuous weeks of temporary assignments, you may be entitled to Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) from Reed.
Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) is a government scheme administered by Reed on behalf of the DSS. There are a number of rules and procedures to be observed.
Stakeholder pension scheme
Setting up a pension is an excellent way of planning for the future, and with this in mind, Reed has appointed the Independent Financial Advisers, Thomson's Benefits Consultants Ltd, to make a new stakeholder pension easily available to you.