The successful candidate will be responsible all aspects of accounts payable process for the site and will involve improving the link between the plant and the shared services function. This role will have responsibility for managing payments in accordance with expectations, balances sheet accruals/reconciliations, intercompany reconciliations, and supplier scrap analysis and reporting. As with all roles within the Finance department the role will involve financial control testing to ensure SOX compliance.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To forecast, manage and co-ordinate intercompany cash payments.
- To minimize Aged Accounts Payable in order to prevent supplier issues.
- To review and validate intercompany supplier reconciliations.
- To calculate and submit monthly royalty charge to Southfield HQ
- To review, improve and document processes within the area of responsibility.
- To complete Balance Sheet reconciliations in accordance with SOX requirements.
- To review, maintain and implement internal controls including quarterly SOX testing and narratives.
- To be accountable for supplier chargebacks and cleardown of aged debit notes.
- Full responsibility of intercompany balances, queries and reconciliations
- To complete ad hoc tasks as and when required.
- To support other team members as and when required.
- HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Comply with all relevant HSE legislation and local policies and procedures.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Mature and pro-active approach with the commitment to exceeding internal customer requirements.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Highly developed planning and organisational skills.
- Flexible problem-solving approach.
- Team player.
- Excellent IT skills especially Excel (Index match/vlookups/general formula's/pivot tables and quick excel navigation)
- Strong communication skills
- Part Qualified Accountant
- Flexibility in working hours will be required to meet very strict period end deadlines.
If you are interested in this role and have the skills and experience required Apply Now!
We will process your CV and personal information to assess your suitability for the role. If we wish to consider you further, we will register your personal information in our database and contact you. We may contact you from time to time about other relevant roles. Your personal information will be securely held. For more information please refer to our privacy notice, a copy of which can be found on our website. - Select Engineering Limited.