Reed Accountancy are currently partnered with a Reading based client seeking an Accounts Assistant to join their small, yet busy team on a permanent part time basis.
Working part time, for 18-19 hours per week within a team of 2, this role will be reporting into and working alongside the Financial Controller. Supporting with the daily transactional duties alongside monthly management account preparation and VAT.
The company are flexible on how the hours can be worked throughout the week as long as the work is completed.
Duties for this role will include
- Expenses - provide support for processing of expenses on the accounts system and ensuring that the items are correctly coded
- Responsible for day-to-day data entry on the company financial accounting system
- Ensuring all invoices are submitted promptly on a monthly basis
- Credit cards - reconciliation of month end statements with employee expenses.
- Processing and submission of all Supplier and Customer invoices
- Obtaining authorisation and approval of supplier invoices
- Ensuring all supplier invoices and payments are accurately processed
Due to being a small team of two, you will also have the opportunity to support the Head of Finance with maintaining the fixed asset register, preparation of the quarterly and yearly accounts as well as payroll preparation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for either an experienced candidate seeking a part time role, or someone looking for their first opportunity in Accounts that can give some practical experience alongside their studies.
Due to the location of the business, there is limited parking available however they are close to local public transport routes.