Therapy Assistant Are you a new graduate or waiting for your HCPC registration? We've got the best opportunity for you!
You will provide high quality therapy input to our clients under the direction of registered, qualified therapists across Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Speech and Language Therapy and Neurological Music Therapy. SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To implement and monitor individual rehabilitation plans for our clients providing suitable feedback to members of the interdisciplinary team, in particular to the treating therapy team
- To assist therapists in treating clients or to work independently with clients as needed
- To explain therapy intervention in a motivating way under the guidance of the treating therapy team
- To involve clients and carers in the development and delivery of goals within the care plan
- To prepare clients for treatment, ensuring a safe environment
- To maintain accurate and contemporaneous notes according to the organisation's standards
- To provide support and guidance to other members of the interdisciplinary team, including the Rehabilitation Assistants and student therapists
- To support the running of therapy groups and classes under the direction of the therapy team
- To contribute to service development initiatives and promote high quality care for clients at all times
- To escalate issues as required following guidance and operating procedures
- To be compliant with the clinical governance requirements operating within the organisation's procedures
- To participate in clinical audits and research as and when directed by a supervising therapist as appropriate
- To assist in carrying out procedures relating to the personal care and nutritional needs of clients and assist in dealing with emergencies as required
- To carry out tasks required to maintain safety, cleanliness and tidiness of all therapy areas
- To collect regular feedback from clients and take appropriate action
- To participate in training and development activities that are relevant to the job role
- To undertake duties and responsibilities as defined in the work plan
This Job description is an outline which reflects the present requirements of the post and is not intended to be exhaustive list of dutiesCOMMUNICATIONS:
To effectively communicate using a variety of styles that demonstrates the organisation's values and behaviours at all times.
To communicate with people clearly and in a manner and at a level and pace appropriate to their abilities, preferences and beliefs.
To develop effective relationships with clients, carers, staff, suppliers and others as from time to time may be required.
For further information contact Laura from Piers Meadows Recruitment.