Test and Trials Engineer - 6 month contract - Scotstoun - £48.83ph UMB or £38.00ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
This role requires you to obtain a Criminal Record Check along with reference checks before starting.
Responsible to the Command & Information Systems (CIS) Capability Manager for the correctly defined installation and Commissioning of the T26 Shared Infrastructure (SI) Hardware. The role will ensure that the installed equipment is safe, compliant and fit for use iaw with the agreed design documentation. The Role will be expected to liaise with operations, planning and SWSE to align for a smooth transition from stores to ship.
Maintaining effective partnerships with a wide variety of stakeholders including customers, suppliers and other internal teams.
Contributing to a team based working environment.
Providing a technical leadership role for elements of the Shared Infrastructure Hardware.
Displaying good influencing skills within a multi-disciplinary team environment.
Identifying and prioritising tasks towards an agreed overall objective.
Innovating when defining solutions to minimise project risk and maximise likelihood of successful implementation.
Acting as an intelligent supplier by anticipating the likely needs of the customer.
Understanding the need to capture and maintain data generated for use by the project and the tools and techniques used to do so.
Displaying flexibility in the approach to required tasks.
Accepting responsibility for and demonstrating a visible commitment to SHE and Quality.
1. Primary point of contact for the T26 CIS for the installation of SI hardware.
2. Ensure that T26 SI Hardware installation learns from the experience gained on T23, T45 and QEC.
3. Define and lead technical aspects of sequencing for Setting to Work activities to de-risk the use of Shared infrastructure in T26.
4. Provide technical input into design reviews, installation, test, trials, acceptance and engineering change activities.
5. Liaise with other functions (Physical Integration, Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations etc) to ensure a smooth path through to installation of the Shared Infrastructure hardware and be ready to advise before and during installation / commissioning activities.
Degree in an engineering or equivalent, or demonstration of comparable suitable experience.
Experience of Shared Infrastructure equipment in a Naval environment.
Experience of integration, installation, test, trial and acceptance of equipment in a Naval environment.
Although remote working will be possible it is expected that circa 2 days per week on site will be required