Accountant; Newport South Wales; 12-month Contract; £23.00 per hour umbrella; Inside IR35
We are currently recruiting for an Accountant to cover a maternity leave role with our client based in Newport
Reporting into the Team Leader you will coordinate the provision of Financial Accounting, Planning, Analysis and Controlling for assigned Business Areas
Working across the organisation perimeter, this role provides Finance support and expertise to what is a very diverse and technology led company, encompassing the CIS (Communications, Intelligence and Security) and Space Business Lines.
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
• Coordination, preparation, analysis and reporting of Monthly Financial / Accounts delivered in a timely and accurate manner, adhering to relevant accounting standards
• Financial Accounting data is analysed, reconciled and reported to Group using a consolidated results platform on time and on quality.
• Ensuring accurate operation and improvement of internal controls throughout all processes
• Calculation and posting on key journals
• Completion and consistent monitoring of all Balance Sheet accounts.
• Maintenance of the company's trial balance ensuring accurate postings
• The Business is provided with a high level of financial support and analysis to ensure that financial consideration is given in all business decisions
• Coordination and reporting of Financial Accountants for Assigned Business Areas
• Ensure that all accounts are prepared in accordance with accounting standards
• Delivery and analysis of Business Plans
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience (including proficiency):
Academic plus any additional education: Honour's Degree or Equivalent
Other: Professionally Qualified Accountant (ACMA / ACCA / ACA etc.) or part qualified but studying towards qualification
Minimum 5 year's experience in a similar environment
Confident, able to get on with minimal supervision, but also a good team player
Ability to build business relationships within a multi-national environment
SAP experience is essential in particular FI/CO modules.
Microsoft Office proficiency - in particular Excel
Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high quality of output
Please note that there may be a requirement to travel to other sites and our client requires all workers to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy