Sports Coach and Cover Teacher
Are you a sports graduate considering a career as a PE teacher? Or perhaps you are a sports coach looking to work more so within secondary schools.
I am working with a secondary school in West Leeds who are recruiting a sports coach to support within their PE department.
• Working within a team of teachers and support staff within the PE department.
• Lead PE lessons.
• Work 1-1 and with small groups of students when required.
• Involved in extracurricular clubs and teams.
• Manage behaviour in line with the school's behavioural systems.
• Be willing to work outside the PE department when required.
• Able to maintain health and safety of students in practical sessions.
This role is a full-time position, with the start date of January 2022, and potentially before if feasible.
Requirements for Applicants:
• Sports related degree exceptions if individuals have alternate degree qualification along with vast sports coaching experience.
• Experience working with young individuals experience working in secondary schools is ideal but not essential another child related experience is accepted.
• Sound understanding across sports.
• Able to provide evidence of maintaining health and safety standards in sport or exercise.
• Resilient, with strong behaviour management skills.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills.
• Able to adhere and understand behaviour policies.
• Confident leading full classes of students and working 1-1 with small groups.
• Passion for working with young individuals.
• Enhanced Child Workforce DBS on the update service or willing to apply for a new one.
It is always a great opportunity to work for Protocol Education as we can offer you the following additional benefits:
• 24/7 and out of hours support from your education consultant.
• Competitive rates of pay.
• Continuous CPD training in branch.
• Chance to network in the education sector invaluable if looking to pursue a career in education.
• Referral scheme for staff working in the education sector *£250 per referral.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see (url removed)/FAQs for further details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Protocol Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. We also offer FREE online safeguarding and Prevent Duty training to all our workers, if your certificates are not within the last 12 months. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and subscribe to the DBS Update Service.