CMM OperatorFull time, permanent positionMon - Thurs 7:30am-4:30pm and Fri 7:30am-12:30pmIntroduction
This position reports to Team Leader and is an integral part of the Machining Division with responsibility for measurement of products Deliverables
- To ensure the safe operation of CMM Machines
- Understand the principles of CMM and their usage
- Delivery of measured components in line with customer requirements
- Support New Part Introduction Process
- Influence Machine Utilisation and Right First Time Measures.
- Ensure product quality and batch traceability is maintained at all times
- Carry out routine checks on all equipment
- Ensure all documentation is recorded accurately as defined by procedures.
- Maintain housekeeping in the department to company standards.
- Calibration of gauges and fixtures
- Candidate must have good numeracy and literacy skills.
- Flexibility to work with little supervision across shift patterns
- Have a fair understanding of engineering drawings
- Proficient in Microsoft packages
- A good understanding of CMM principles
- CMM experience at level one as a minimum
- Must have a good understanding of statistical process control (SPC)
- Good interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and achieve business objectives.
- Clear, concise and appropriate communication style both written and verbal