A historic and well-respected charity based in Kent is now looking for a Financial Accountant to join them for a period of 3 months to caretake a Year End in SORP, whilst they seek a Permanent hire. (The role of course could be offered to the person undertaking this contract.)
Reporting to the Finance Director you will be responsible for maintaining standards, controls, and procedures across the charity, and overseeing a small Financial Accounting team. The role is a Hybrid role, as in working from home and in the office is encouraged by the organisation. Duties include:-
- Preparation of year-end statutory accounts including managing the audit with the assistance of two part-qualified Accountants
- Produce consolidated annual financial statements for the Charity and subsidiaries in accordance with SORP and annual returns to the Charity Commission
- Responsible for all financial compliance including SORP, FRS 102, & Office of National Statistics
- Monthly management accounts, commentary, and review by the Finance Director
- Upkeep of all finance policies & procedures including the updating of Companies House and Charity Commission records
The ideal person will be ACCA/ACA/CIMA or CIPFA qualified preferably with ideally a charity background and the ability to lead and manage relationships with budget holders acting as a focal point for financial advice and support with the FD, Stakeholders and External Auditors. Qualified by experience or FINALIST level Accountants with recent Charity Accounting are also encouraged to apply.
Benefits include 25 days holiday, pension, and on-site free parking.