I am currently looking for an experienced Financial Accounting and Tax Manager to join a large business based in the Midlands.JOB PURPOSE
To oversee the monthly and statutory financial reporting for the business and provide financial accounting guidance along with VAT and tax expertise for the organisation.
Ensuring accurate and timely reporting of financial information through to Group (US GAAP), including review of business unit trading results, consolidation of overall UK position and acting as liaison between UK and Group finance teams.
Ownership of UK statutory accounts including disclosures and managing the audit relationship. Ownership of other statutory filings as required.
Completion of tax reporting and submissions including VAT and corporation tax and managing the relationship with external tax advisors.
This role would suit someone with a strong technical background and group financial reporting experience. Understanding of tax legislation would be beneficial but not essential as this could be learned in role.
There is flexibility in location and the role can be done predominantly remotely. Some travel to central offices (Leicester/Sussex in particular) will be required on an ad hoc basis.FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Maintain current knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards and US GAAP. Ensure other parts of the Finance Department and organisation as a whole are kept abreast of any significant implications arising from changes in accounting rules, such as IFRS15/ASC606 revenue recognition.
- Work closely with the Finance Director to ensure that all financial activities within the business are conducted in a manner that fully complies with the requirements of good governance and the company accounting policies
- Report monthly financials to US finance team using IBM Controller, including quarterly disclosure schedules, for a number of UK entities.
- Prepare the Company statutory reports and accounts for the business' Group of companies in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Preparing ixbrl files from statutory accounts for e-filing with Company tax returns.
- Maintain the lease database for IFRS16 / ASC842 reporting purposes, using Co Star Real Estate Manager.
- Extracting financial data from SAP, preparing key journals and reviewing trial balance and balance sheet accounts.
- Act as key point of contact with UK insurance brokers and US risk department with respect of underwriting and claims.
- Performing quarterly reviews
- Maintain current knowledge of VAT and Corporation Tax and provide VAT advice to divisions.
- Completion and filing of consolidated group VAT return under MTD requirements using SAP, ensuring payments are made on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all transactions comply with appropriate VAT regulations and providing advice to the business on the VAT treatment of contracts. Preparing partial exemption calculations.
- Responsible for Corporation tax returns for all UK group companies, utilising Alphatax software, and providing Corporation tax advice to UK businesses and liaising with professional advisors. Calculation of payments on account. Compliance with legal and regulatory requirements (eg SAO, CBC compliance)
- Control HMRC Visits / Enquiries of VAT and Corporation Tax
- Ensure that all company policies are up-to date and compliant with current HMRC guidance, including advising on employment tax matters, overseas tax, IR35 etc.