Are you an assertive School Finance Assistant looking for a step up? Are you a current School Finance Officer looking for a new challenge? Can you use SIMS and FMS in particular? If you answered yes then please get in touch!
We are currently assisting a SEMH school in the Wirral area to recruit for a School Finance Officer on a temporary basis with the potential of a permanent placement for the right candidate. The role is full-time, 36 hours per week (39 weeks) 8.30 a.m. - 4.15 p.m. The successful candidate will be required to start as soon as possible
Applicants will preferably have previous experience of working in an educational establishment although not essential, as you will be expected to hit the ground running and deliver a high standard of work in a fast-paced environment.
Our staff have a well-deserved reputation as being the best in Merseyside and as a reward for your hard work and commitment as our new School Finance Officer you will benefit from:
- a dedicated, professional and friendly specialist 'School Support' consultant and a branch
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free training including safeguarding and 'Covid Awareness'
- 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
- access to Randstad's benefits package including discounts on holidays and high street stores
- an outstanding school to work at, with supportive staff, on-site parking and excellent staff facilities
The successful candidate will join a busy support team and work on a wide range of financial
tasks playing a key role in the development and maintenance of financial systems.
- Reconciliation of bank accounts and other balance sheet reconciliations
- Checking and maintaining financial and statistical records
- Produce and monitor invoices, purchase orders, and monitor and record payments
- Budget monitoring
- Updating SIMS and FMS as necessary
- Additional administrative duties as required to support the school business manager, including some HR such as starters, leavers and staff absence
- School experience and use of SIMS / FMS would be an advantage
- a relevant accountancy / finance qualification or equivalent experience
- Must be able to display high levels of numeracy and literacy skills, as well as good level of IT skills
- Have knowledge and understanding of financial administration
- Be experienced in using computerised financial management systems
- Have excellent attention to detail, be methodical, analytical and be able to make recommendations
- Someone who is dependable and highly organised with discretion, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Offer flexibility and a willingness to adapt to changing circumstances
All candidates will be subject to Randstad Education's child protection and UK eligibility checks, including enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and full referencing process, and the cost of any new police check (DBS) required will be met by the candidate. If you are suitable, an interview would be offered immediately and you could start working in the school soon after.
To discuss this in more detail, please contact Heidi McGreary, your specialist school support consultant via email or call our Liverpool branch on .
Randstad Education is the UK Market Leader for recruitment within education. We have been helping teachers and support staff to find temporary and permanent roles in schools, colleges and nurseries for nearly twenty years. Working with over 2500 schools each week, our staff support over 135,000 children every day across the country, so we can find the right match for your skills. The Liverpool branch is one of the oldest and busiest in the country and has a dedicated team of consultants working across primary, secondary and SEN. We now also have a dedicated section looking after school support roles such as catering, technicians, administration and finance.