Legal Secretary - Private Client - Blanford Forum (our ref: 764)Overall purpose:
To provide efficient secretarial and administrative support to the Partners and fee earners, in order to help them run a profitable caseload and deliver high quality legal services. To receive clients and general enquires and deal with them in a pleasant and efficient manner.Main Duties:
Secretarial & Administration
- to provide full secretarial support for the private client fee earners
- to open new files
- to close files
- to produce typing in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- to be fully conversant and proficient with the firm's IT and database systems and to be confident and accurate in their correct usage
- to deal promptly and courteously with the taking and making of telephone calls
- to be familiar and confident with the firm's accounting practices for client and office monies and cheque requests
- to keep up to date with changes and developments to systems and procedures
- to maintain files appropriately ensuring all paperwork is completed and updated.
- to provide reception cover as and when requested
- to ensure files are well ordered clear and comply with regulatory and office requirements
- to assist with and try and ensure that letters are sent out in a timely manner
- to assist with and try and ensure that files are regularly reviewed and progressed
- to keep confidential all client information
- to be positive and helpful with colleagues, clients and professional contacts of the firm
- to assist all departments and colleagues within the firm as requested
- to adhere to and familiarise themselves with the firm's values and policies
- to provide support for the marketing and promotional activities of the department and firm
- to include other reasonable duties and tasks which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work.
Candidates need to have strong administration skills and experience. Legal experience would be great however if you have a solid secretarial background and feel confident doing the duties outlined please apply, those from a medical secretarial background are also encouraged to apply.
Salary is £18,000 to £20,000. Our client is looking for someone who is keen to develop their experience and grow into other areas, they are happy to provide training.