Management Accountant job in Newton Aycliffe - fixed term contract job Your new company
A global leader in manufacturing this successful business have a need for an experienced Management Accountant (ideally qualified) to join them on a fixed term contract basis.Your new role
- Preparation of balance sheet control account reconciliations including investigation and resolution of reconciling items within the business on a timely basis.
- Preparation of and posting of significant journals (payroll, overtime, energy costs etc.)
- Maintenance of all intercompany accounts including monthly recharges, revaluations and reconciliation of month end balances with entity partners
- Treasury support including:
- Daily cash flow monitoring and management; - Preparation of monthly payment runs; - Bank reconciliations for 6 bank accounts; - currency revaluations
- Inventory reporting and accounting including:
- product costing reviews; - monthly revaluations; - monitoring of provisions; - purchase price variance investigation with procurement team
- Preparation of monthly fixed cost actuals v budget / forecast including reviews with cost centre owners and General Manager.
- Preparation of temporary labour report including review of cost centre allocations and completeness of accruals.
- Manage fixed asset accounting including:
- Monthly reconciliation of fixed asset register; - Monitoring of capex projects, including actual and forecast spend versus budget; - Posting of depreciation, additions and disposals
- Assist with the input of monthly Financial reporting into Hyperion Financial Management
- Support the annual budget process, particularly the fixed cost budget
- Assist in the year end audit process including preparation of files and sample requests for the statutory auditors
- Ensuring accurate completion of HMRC submissions including VAT, Intrastat, EC sales, Construction in Industry and PSA return
What you'll need to succeed
- Provide cover for purchase to pay and sales ledger processes
You will have a proven track record in management accounts - ideally from a manufacturing background and will be immediately available.What you'll get in return
An immediate start is offered on a fixed term contract basis.What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.