PHP Developer, SEO, Fully Remote
An opportunity has arisen at one of the UK's leading genealogy firms for a PHP Developer based in Wigan, Lancashire / Greater Manchester. However, due to Covid-19, this can be fully remote but they would like to see your face every now again...so a sunny trip to Wigan on the odd occasion is not to be ruled out.
About our client: Established in 2001, our client works with both solicitors and the public sector to locate missing Next of Kin and beneficiaries to estates. The company is now one of the country's largest genealogy/heir hunter firms due to substantial organic growth. Alongside their work as genealogists, they also offer online training and virtual live events to thousands of Solicitors and Public Sector employees across the UK.
Due to business growth and increase in ancillary services, the company are now in a position to offer a full time PHP developer role to help launch new projects - both short and long term as well as support current operations.
Day to Day tasks:
• Designing and developing the company website and online facilities from concept to go-live
• Optimising websites for speed, SEO, and accessibility
• Developing both back end and UI features
• Optimising application for further scalability
• Maintaining sound coding standards and practices
• Working closely with colleagues to plan and implement online and digital customer experience improvements
• Help evaluate customer and user journeys to support further service innovation and technical optimisation
• Work to agreed deadlines, prioritising workload accordingly
The Ideal Candidate:
• Minimum 2 years commercial experience
• Expert knowledge of PHP and OO-Design principles, also Laravel
• Strong knowledge of SQL
• Methodical, accurate and highly organised
• An active listener and contributor in meetings with a willingness to ask questions and find solutions
• Ability to work with and report progress to colleagues
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.